Please note that the CDC website lists health conditions that may put people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19. If you have any concerns about your own risk factors, please seek advice from your Health Provider to see if massage and bodywork is indicated at this time.
- By scheduling an appointment, clients agree to follow all office Covid policies as well as wear a clean well-fitted mask while in the building.
- Please fill out a new updated intake form if this is your first visit or you have not updated your health history form in 2020.
- Within the 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, please fill out the Covid Screening Questionnaire.
- Please wait in your car until 5 minutes prior to your appointment. I will unlock the office door to let you in.
- Please wash your hands in the bathroom immediately upon entering or apply the hand sanitizer kept inside the front door. The bathroom is disinfected after every client, so you are welcome to use that as always.
- I will go over your Covid Screening Questionnaire and take a touchless forehead temperature.
- Unless absolutely necessary for assistance or in the case of minors, you are asked to arrive in the building alone. The waiting room will not be used at this time unless for a guardian or personal care assistant.
- Personal belongings should be limited and can be brought into the treatment room with you – coats and shoes can still be left in the waiting room as previously.
- Amid the ongoing uncertainty of Covid-19, I have modified my cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, there will be no penalties for cancellation.
- The massage room, bathroom, and waiting room surfaces, and high touch areas are cleaned and disinfected between every client, as are touch screens, pens, and items used in session.
- All linens including pillow cases and blankets are completely changed for every client, stored in a separate area, and laundered daily.
- The entire office is cleaned and disinfected at the end of every work day and floors are vacuumed and mopped with a disinfectant. We use EPA approved disinfectants and choose environmentally friendly options whenever possible. Trash is removed daily.
- Folks entering the office space are limited to one practitioner and one client at a time and appointments are well spaced.
- The office has two HEPA Air Filters running continuously so the air is filtered every six minutes and the filtration is rated for twice the actual square footage.
- Windows are open when outside temperatures allow and to bring fresh air in between sessions.
- I change my clothes between every client and wear an N95 mask to err on the side of caution given the close contact nature of my work.
- As always, I observe hand hygiene before and after every session as well as frequently throughout the day whenever needed.
- Prior to each work shift, I self screen to ensure no symptoms of respiratory or other contagious illness.
- All office practitioners have taken the mandatory VOSHA training as required by the State of Vermont.
Practice Guidelines created from recommendations by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), AMTA, ABMP, and Healwell, along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). If you have any questions regarding any of the policies, please contact me directly.